These Terms and Condition apply only to our Courses - please see here for our Activities Terms and Conditions.
We operate with small group to instructor ratios.
All courses are subject to minimum and maximum numbers to run.
- All participants must complete a waiver form prior to engaging in the course.
- Participants 18 years and under require a waiver to be signed by their parent or legal guardian.
- Participants must be 15 years of age or older to complete the following courses: Outdoor Climbing Technique, Abseil Single Pitch, Top Rope, Sport Lead, Self Rescue Skills, Vertical Rescue.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older to complete a guide/leader course ie. lead single pitch abseil or single pitch climb on artificial or natural surface.
- Moderate level of fitness required.
- Participants must be able to speak, and understand the English language. This requirement is stipulated on the grounds of safety at height.
- Participants acknowledge that they will not be under the influence of alcohol or have any illicit drugs in their system whilst taking part in any activity. In the interest of safety, Pinnacle Sports staff reserve the right to ask participants to leave the course if they have reason to believe the participant is under the influence. All course fees are forfeit if this were to occur.
- Pinnacle Sports operates a zero tolerance policy to aggressive or abusive behaviour of any kind to staff or other participants. Pinnacle Sports staff reserve the right to ask participants to leave the course if they feel their behaviour poses a risk to themselves, the staff, or other participants. All course fees are forfeit if this were to occur. Further to this, Pinnacle Sports reserves the right to deny future bookings from participants who have been asked to leave an activity or course.
Pre Course Paperwork
(where applicable ie Top Rope, Abseil, Self Rescue, Vertical Rescue, Lead Single Pitch Abseil, Single Pitch Climb, Artificial Surface)
- LLN, AVETMISS, PACI Handbook must be returned to the office within a week of booking onto the course.
- All forms need to be completed digitally (handwritten forms are not acceptable)
- A statement of attainment cannot be issued unless these forms are returned.
- A valid USI must be supplied for a statement to be issued. Please check this USI is correct, incorrect USI numbers will incur a $50 fee from the RTO PACI.
- Exams must be completed prior to the course start date and brought with you on day 1 of the course.
- A statement of attainment cannot be issued unless completed exams are received.
Pre Course Homework
- Your online course portal contains a number of knots to practise. It is important that you spend time familiarising yourself with these.
Statement of Attainment
- A statement of attainment (where applicable) will be sent electronically providing competency has been achieved in both theory and practical components.
- As per above, all course paperwork must be completed and returned before a statement of attainment can be issued.
- Instructors are under no obligation to pass course participants who cannot demonstrate competency.
Unless you hear from us, assume that your activity is going ahead.
- Our courses are run in the great outdoors and will normally operate in all but exceptional circumstances. If these circumstances arise your course will be postponed and rescheduled for a later date. All decisions are made in the interest of staff and participant safety.
- If ambient temperatures exceed, or are forecasted to exceed during the activity duration, 36 degrees celsius the activity will be postponed.
- Rain during the activity may create a delay. Should the delay make it unfeasible to continue the day, the instructor may need to cancel the remainder of your session. If less than half the activity time has elapsed, you may be eligible for a rescheduled session.
- We will make every effort to inform you if cancelling your scheduled course is necessary. Participants that decide not to attend/participate on the basis of weather (against our policy and/or advice) forfeit their full course cost.
- Pinnacle Sports will not accept any liability for travel, accommodation, inconvenience or other costs incurred or lost through such cancellation.
- In the event that a course must be delayed, rescheduled or cancelled due to any of the above factors, Pinnacle Sports will hold payment in credit and offer an alternative booking. An alternative booking must be made within 365 days of the cancelled date.
Pinnacle Sports has a team of passionate and qualified staff. Our courses are all run with a small group-to-instructor ratio to offer the best possible experience and the highest level of safety. Due to this, we have the following policy for cancellations:
- Any cancellation or rescheduling of course dates must be done more than 14 days prior to the course start date. A rescheduling fee of $5 + GST per person will apply.
- Any cancellations after the participant has been sent their course materials are only eligible for an 80% refund, in recognition of the time and resources spent preparing these materials.
- If less than 14 days notice for cancellation or rescheduling is given, you will not be eligible for a refund or re-booking of your course.
- We can offer a change of participant details, provided that: (a) they meet the prerequisites for course participation and (b) they are able to complete the pre-course paperwork - including exams - in time. You will need to contact the Pinnacle Sports office directly to organise this. If these requirements are not met, you will be treated as a no-show.
- No-shows forfeit their payment and no re-booking/refunds will be given.
- If you are late to a course, you may be permitted to participate, provided that the instructor is satisfied it will not impact the safety of the group or impose unreasonable delays. If the instructor does not allow you to participate due to lateness, you will be treated as a no-show.
- Pinnacle Sports reserves the right to cancel any course for any reason, including but not limited to: venue closures, illness of the tour operator, pandemic events, and other diseases declared to be quarantinable diseases. If Pinnacle Sports cancels a course of its own initiative, participants will be issued with a credit for the value of the course and offered the chance to re-book at a later date.
- Please note, if you have booked through a third party, then that party's conditions of purchase will also apply.
Change of Party Numbers (Private Group Bookings)
Please keep us informed of any changes to the numbers in your party.
- Private Group Bookings are based on an overall group rate, and not priced per head.
- Any reduction in numbers made more than 14 days prior to the activity start may be eligible for a renegotiation of group rate (factors dependant).
- Any reduction in numbers made less than 14 days prior to the activity start (including “no-shows”) will be charged at the full quoted group rate.
- An increase in numbers may not always be possible. To avoid disappointment, notify us of changes as early as possible.
If you need to contact us regarding your booking please contact the booking office during our business hours - Monday - Friday 10.00am-5.00pm
Phone: (07) 3368 3335