These Terms and Condition apply only to our Courses - please see here for our Activities Terms and Conditions.
We operate with small group to instructor ratios.
All courses are subject to minimum and maximum numbers to run.
- Participants must be at least 15 years of age
- Fit and healthy for climbing
- Participants must be able to speak, and understand the English language. This requirement is stipulated on the grounds of safety at height
- Participants acknowledge that they will not be under the influence of alcohol or have any illicit drugs in their system whilst taking part in any activity. In the interest of safety, Instructors reserve the right to ask participants to leave the course if the participant is under the influence. All course fees are forfeit if this were to occur.
Pre Course Paperwork (where applicable ie Top Rope, Abseil, Self Rescue, Vertical Rescue, Lead Single Pitch Abseil, Single Pitch Climb, Artificial Surface)
- Exams must be completed prior to the course start date and brought with you on day 1 of the course
- A statement of attainment WILL NOT be issued unless completed exams are received - Simples :)
- LLN, AVETMISS must be returned to the office within a week of booking onto the course.
- All forms need to be completed digitally (handwritten forms are not acceptable)
- A statement of attainment cannot be issued unless these forms are returned.
- A valid USI must be supplied for a statement to be issued. Please check this USI is correct, Incorrect USI numbers will incur a $50 fee from the RTO PACI if they are not correct.
Statement of Attainment
- A Statement of Attainment will be sent electronically providing competency has been achieved in both theory and practical components.
- Instructors are under no obligation to pass students for just turning up.
Pre Course Homework (Sport Lead)
- A list of practice knots are issued at booking. Please practise prior as this will assist you with the course
Unless you hear from us, assume that your activity is going ahead.
- Our activities are run in the great outdoors and will normally operate in all but exceptional circumstances If these circumstances arise your activity will be postphoned and rescheduled for a later date. All decisions are made in the interest of staff and client safety.
- If ambient temperatures exceed or are forecasted to exceed during the activity duration 36 degrees celsius the activity will be postphoned
- Rain during the activity may create a delay in which case the guide or instructor will make a call as to whether to resume the activity or not.
- We will make every effort to inform you if cancelling your scheduled activity is necessary. Participants that decide not to attend/participate on the basis of weather (against our policy and/or advice) forfeit their full activity cost.
- Highpoint Adventures will not accept any liability for travel, accommodation, inconvenience or other costs incurred or lost through such cancellation.
- In the event that an activity must be delayed, rescheduled or cancelled due to any of the above factors, Highpoint Adventures will hold payment in credit and offer an alternative booking. An alternative booking must be made within 365 days of the cancelled date.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Pinnacle Sports has a team of passionate and qualified staff. Our courses all run with a small group-to-instructor ratio to offer the best possible experience and the highest level of safety. Because of these small group sizes, late cancellations can have a significant impact on our profitability and, therefore, we have the following policy for cancellations:
- No-shows forfeit their payment and no re-booking/refunds will be given.
- If you are late to an activity, you may be permitted to participate, provided that the instructor is satisfied it will not impact the safety of the group or impose unreasonable delays. If the instructor does not allow you to participate due to lateness, you will be treated as a no-show.
- Any cancellations after the participant has been sent their course materials are only eligible for an 80% refund, in recognition of the time and resources spent preparing these materials.
- Cancellations made less than 72 hours before the course commences will not be eligible for a refund, in recognition of the extremely low likelihood that we would be able to fill your spot.
- If you need to cancel after receiving your course materials and/or within the 72 hours prior to the course commencing, you may be able to donate your spot to someone else, provided that: (a) they meet the pre-requisites for course participation and (b) they are able to complete the pre-course paperwork - including exams - in time. You will need to contact the Pinnacle Sports office directly to organise this. If these requirements are not met, you will be treated as a no-show.
- Pinnacle Spots reserves the right to cancel any course for any reason, including but not limited to:venue closures, illness of the tour operator, pandemic events, and other diseases declared to be quarantinable diseases. If Pinnacle Sports cancels a course of its own initiative, participants will be issued with a credit for the value of the course and offered the chance to re-book at a later date.
- If you have booked through a third party then their T & C will also apply
If you need to contact us regarding your booking please contact the booking office during our business hours- Monday - Friday 9.00am-5.00pm
Phone: (07) 3368 3335