QUARK with Adze
|This indicates that the item is currently in stock and ready to ship immediately. If ordering multiple quantities please be aware your order may exceed what remains instock|
|This indicates that the item is currently available however ships from a remote warehouse your item will generally reach you within 5-10 days from date of purchase. Please be aware this is a guide only, and orders may take longer to reach you on rare occasions - if delivery time is critical please contact the store for exact timeframe|
|This indicates that the item is currently not available within Australia, however can be special ordered. Shipping time varies from 2 - 10 weeks depending on the item. Please contact us if you need more acurate shipping timeframe.|
Please read our shipping & returns policy.
Ice axe for technical mountaineering and ice climbing
QUARK is a versatile ice axe, designed primarily for technical mountaineering and for ice climbing. Because of the head's modular construction, it adapts to any situation. The QUARK ice axe is easy to use: its balance and its ICE pick allow solid placements on any type of ice. Hooking is more efficient, thanks to the clearance under the head and to the shape of the pick. The GRIPREST and the TRIGREST hand rests ensure a comfortable, powerful grip adapted to leashless climbing.
- Structure is entirely modular for adapting the ice axe to the activity and context:
- equipped with the MARTEAU, the TRIGREST hand rest and the GRIPREST, the QUARK is a versatile tool adapted to technical mountaineering and ice climbing (an adze may also be added, if necessary)
- equipped with MASSELOTTES pick weights (optional), and without the MARTEAU, the QUARK has an exceptional swing adapted to the coldest ice. It is ideal for ice climbing.
- without any accessories, the QUARK weighs only 460 g, making it an ultra-high performance ice axe for snow couloirs, for example
- Interchangeable ICE pick is tapered at the tip (3 mm) for easy penetration, even in cold ice. Its shape allows stable hooking on both ice and rock.
- Ergonomic over-molded handle provides a good grip, even for small hands, and insulation from the cold. The lower part of the shaft penetrates snow perfectly when the ice axe is used in piolet-canne (without the GRIPREST).
- Carabiner hole under the GRIPREST
- The TRIGREST hand rest braces the hand and the index finger (easily adjustable without tools). The upper part, equipped with the grip, allows the user to comfortably switch hands. The lower trigger is used to brace the index finger to improve the stability of the ice axe and increase striking precision. It also serves as the locking lever of the TRIGREST.
- Pick type: 2
- Certification(s): CE, UIAA
We Also Recommend