Climbing Technology Be Up
|This indicates that the item is currently in stock and ready to ship immediately. If ordering multiple quantities please be aware your order may exceed what remains instock|
|This indicates that the item is currently available however ships from a remote warehouse your item will generally reach you within 5-10 days from date of purchase. Please be aware this is a guide only, and orders may take longer to reach you on rare occasions - if delivery time is critical please contact the store for exact timeframe|
|This indicates that the item is currently not available within Australia, however can be special ordered. Shipping time varies from 2 - 10 weeks depending on the item. Please contact us if you need more acurate shipping timeframe.|
Please read our shipping & returns policy.
Multiuse belay / abseil device with innovative and compact design (registered design), suitable for use with half, twin and single ropes for mountaineering, multi-pitch sport climbing and trad routes. Intuitive and easy to use, the BE UP has a modular braking system to optimise braking with all types of rope and allow the auto-locking and independent belaying of two seconds.
Extreme flexibility permits:
- effective belaying of the leader. The particular shape of the BE UP‘s body allows rope to be paid out fluidly, rapidly and without jams;
- while belaying the leader on a multipitch route using two ropes, the BE UP lets you pay out one rope while the other is locked-off, Be Up is the only such device that lets you do this;
- effective, modular braking of the rope: the “V” notches are specially designed to guarantee better braking control when arresting a fall, abseiling or bringing up seconds;
- the bringing-up of one or two seconds, with auto-locking and each second being belayed independently of the other (guide mode). The BE UP‘s special shape and the attachment ring built into the body allow you to bring up one or two seconds using twin or half ropes with Ø ≥ 7.3 mm. You can continue to bring-up one second while the other is hanging with their rope locked-off in the BE UP;
- the unlocking of the rope and lowering of one free-hanging second, without difficulty, with twin or half Ø ≥ 7.3 mm ropes. BE UP is the only such device that lets you do this, simply by inserting a normal HMS carabiner in the unlocking hole;
- rapidly switching from taking-in (guide mode) to belaying the leader, for leading through;abseiling descents, keeping the ropes separate. The “V” notches allow you to effectively control the rate of descent, without twisting the ropes.
- light, extremely functional form, for the highest performance;
- hot-forged body for strength;
- attachment ring is part of body, easily identified to prevent errors of attachment;;
- plasticised steel cable, so you can‘t drop the BE UP and to limit its movement during belaying.
Ø 7,3 ÷ 9,0 mm
Ø 8,5 ÷ 10,5 mm
We Also Recommend